Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Not 10 miles...

...But a 10K! Thank you Sarah, for the inspiration! Yesterday I decided to do a long run. After I put Laurie down for a nap and Haili had a friend to play with.... I got down to business. 6.2 miles in 1 hour 14 minutes. I stopped to stretch 3 times because my left foot was hurting - but I didn't stop besides that. It was awesome. For me the hardest part was getting from the second to third mile. After that, it wasn't bad at all.

My plan for the rest of the week is: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - run 3 miles. Saturday - run 7 miles. I can do this! I'm feeling great and I'm doing well with my eating. I have also decided to join Sarah in a no dessert spree until I get off this extra weight and maintain it for a month. Let me define dessert: cookies, pies, cakes, chocolates, candy, brownies, ice cream... you get the picture. However, I am not eliminating all sweets. For example, I am still eating: muffins, yogurts, 60-cal Jell-O puddings, etc.

How is everyone else doing? What are you doing to work out? How's the eating coming along?

1 comment:

  1. Last night's yummy dessert: 2 oranges and 1 apple, chopped, mixed with prepared sugar-free instant lemon pudding. So yummy! I don't know who ate more--me or my 2-year old!

    ReplyDelete