Friday, March 5, 2010

From Al....

OK, so I got my runner's magazine and there was a huge article about weight loss. Myths and facts. So one of the myths is not eating after dinner or after 7pm or after 9pm. The fact is that it doesn't matter. It's calories in, calories out (or calories burned). If you eat nothing during the day but eat your 1200 or 1500 calories after 7pm it doesn't matter. Metabolism slow or high or slower later during the day or whatever. It's about how many calories you take in during the day and how much you burn that day. I think the reason why so many diet books or gurus say not to eat after dinner is because a lot of people (me, definitely) tend to snack and overeat and eat fatty foods like ice cream and desserts and chips and stuff like that and consume way too much calories but they do all right during the day. By going cold turkey on no eating after dinner and just eliminating it all together, there's no guess work or calculating too much or whatever. Besides, food is fuel, right? You need fuel during the day, but not at night. My point for this post is that I think if you're a person who's not hungry during the day much, then eat at night. Maybe the calorie counting/food journaling will help to figure that one out until you get a feel for it. Just thought I'd pass it along. I'll reread my magazine and see what other myths and facts they say that might be of interest.
Starve on!

No comments:

Post a Comment