Thursday, March 11, 2010

Great day

Hey everyone!

So - Al, I think it's a great idea to just host your own activity when you reach a certain goal. Awesome. And yes, Sarah, we are doing bowling on Tuesday night - we'll meet at the bowling alley at about 8:30-8:45. We can't start bowling until the leagues get finished at 8:45.

Today... I had an awesome exercising day. I ran 4.2 miles in 50 minutes this morning. Then I got a second wind and decided to run 3.8 miles this afternoon (in 43 minutes). 8 miles! I feel REALLY good. I'm not sore (yet) and I actually have a lot of energy. If I wasn't so dang stinky I might have done more... that and Laurie had woken up from her nap and was desperately wanting out of her crib.

I did stop to stretch at least every two miles. The good news is my left foot that was giving me problems last week didn't hurt at all the entire run. Sweet.

That's my success story of the day! I haven't run 8 miles in one day since I was training for my marathon back in 2001!


1 comment:

  1. SWEET! Good job. I don't know how you guys do it with running for the 2nd time during the day. I can barely get out to do the first one....
    Al

    ReplyDelete