Tuesday, March 23, 2010

From Al

So, I have a couple quotes that I've taped up in my closet. I think I've shared a few of them with you. Here is another one:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a ride!'

That's my other quote. You've probably heard it or some variations of it, but I like it. It's a quote that might come across as anti-diet--kind of like my other quote--Love what your body can do, now how it looks.

Anyway, everyone has been getting back to me.....Thank you thank you thank you. Yay!! However, everyone who has gotten back to me has indicated that things have derailed for them a bit or small obstacles have popped up and really challenged them or whatever. Sounds like everyone is struggling a bit or maybe a little frustrated. I'm sorry, I haven't any advice or suggestions to really help. I can only cheer you on and wish you luck and keep encouraging you to try. Please let me know if you need a little help whether it be someone to take a walk (or run) with or babysitting or whatever.
I guess I can only offer my quote right now. Try to have fun with it. Try to make the exercising fun. Get sweaty, get stinky, get dirty, get cold, get wet, get muddy. Try to make the food fun and interesting. Thanks to Sarah about the hungry-girl.com site. Love the tip....

Best wishes to all. Now, I have to go do my run. Outside? Treadmill? It's snowing......

No comments:

Post a Comment