Sunday, January 17, 2010

Meringue and Pudding

Meringue Shells: Let 2 egg whites come to room temperature. For meringue, in small mixer bowl combine the egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar, and dash of salt. Beat on high speed with electric mixer till soft peaks form (tips curl over). Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating till stiff peaks form (tips stand straight) and sugar is dissolved. Line a baking sheet with plain brown paper. Draw ten 2 and 1/2 inch circles on paper. Place a mound of meringue on each. Using back of spoon, shape meringue into shells. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 35 minutes. (For crisper meringues, turn off oven. Dry meringue shells in oven with door closed about 1 hour more. Makes 10.

OK, that is what the recipe book says. Then I just whipped up a batch of sugar free, instant chocolate pudding and dropped spoonfuls of that into the meringue shells. Then I put a couple slices of banana on it. You can put strawberries, or coconut or nothing or whatever. Hope this helps. Hope you enjoy. The recipe book says this dessert is 126 calories.

Also, I bought a scale. I nice one. It does your bone weight, your water weight, your BMI and such. It's supposed to be really accurate. However, now I'm depressed. My little rotary scale wasn't so accurate. I was about 4 pounds off. So, I feel like I'm starting all over from scratch. Argh! OK, it's all OK. Maybe I'll just weight myself in the morning on my new scale and weigh myself at the end of the day on my rotary scale....................:) Yay!

Allyson


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! Glad that you got a new scale. That stinks that your other scale was off! Grrr!

    ReplyDelete