OK guys, you all know how long winded I can get. I'm needing to unload a little bit, so bear with me. So, I haven't been doing too well on this diet. The exercise portion is going great. I've made the point of setting aside 9:30-11:30 am every morning (except Sunday) to exercise. Wind, rain, sleet, snow, high water, earthquake, tsunami, whatever, that time is my allotted exercise time and I just don't plan or do anything else that time. It's been working out well. I haven't been able to do all 6 days because things have, indeed, come up, but I've been getting 4 days. I feel good about that and plus, the more I've been exercising, the better I'm doing and improving and going a little longer here and there. It's also felt really good to get running again and moving again. I've got my running goals and lots of plans there. So, things on that front are going well and I'm actually kind of enjoying it a bit. Now......the food part. Oh, the food part, the food part, the food part. Here's the deal, I just love to eat. I've been thinking about why I eat so much. I don't believe that I'm an emotional eater. I don't eat when I'm sad or stressed or anything like that. I also don't necessarily think I'm much of a bored eater. My sister in law thinks it's a hand thing. I need something to do with my hands. However, even when I'm engrossed in a project, I don't forget to eat. Guys, I just like food. It tastes so good. Especially when you're a picky eater like me, the foods I do like, I really like. I love it or hate it. The foods I love just taste so good. My will power sucks. I just get a lot of pleasure from food. So, I'm rethinking my goals. Now, be honest with me. Am I copping out? Am I giving up because something is hard? Is my view or relationship with food healthy or unhealthy? What approach should I take? Be honest, even tactless with me. I'm thinking of only trying to lose 10 pounds instead of 25 by July. Changing that goal. Focus more on the exercise goals and running goals. Achieving a certain level of fitness and strength. Focusing more on why my body can accomplish in terms of activity and not weight. Challenge myself that way. I think I might enjoy it better. Seriously, what do you think? I don't want to be that person who makes excuses for things when things get hard, so if I am just trying to justify my way into eating what I want, just slap me across the face and tell me to get over it. I need a small reality check here, but I also want to have a good approach to all this and I just want to enjoy food too.......
There, so I've sort of vented. Unloaded. Put it out there. Feedback, please. Brutally honest feedback, if you will.
Don't hold back!
I think changing your goal is a great idea. This whole thing is about getting healthy right? It's sounds like you exercise routine is pretty intense, which means you might need more calories to keep you energy up and to build musscles.
ReplyDelete