My game plan:
1. Exercise 6-days a week (ideally for an hour a day - but most likely 30 min. a day)
2. Eat right - Here's what I'm going to be eating, and so far it's working:
Breakfast: One slice of Kevin's sourdough bread, apprx. 1/2 T of margerine, 1 orange, 1 tangerine. (350 calories)
Snack: 100 calorie Thick and Creamy Yoplait yogurt. Yummy! If I still need something, then I'll have an orange or banana as well (100-200 calories)
Lunch: A BIG salad or BIG sandwich. Pile on all the veggies I can think of: lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onion, sprouts, cucumbers, etc. If I do a sandwich I'll add some chicken or turkey breast. For a salad I add seasoned almonds and some low-cal dressing. (300-400 calories)
Snack: Another fruit, powerbar, yogurt, or almonds (100-200 calories)
Dinner: I get a lot of my "healthy" dinners from the site http://my.apexfitness.com/. It's helpful because it already has the calorie count. I try to keep dinner to about 500 calories. 600 for the occasional bigger meal.
2. Eat right - Here's what I'm going to be eating, and so far it's working:
Breakfast: One slice of Kevin's sourdough bread, apprx. 1/2 T of margerine, 1 orange, 1 tangerine. (350 calories)
Snack: 100 calorie Thick and Creamy Yoplait yogurt. Yummy! If I still need something, then I'll have an orange or banana as well (100-200 calories)
Lunch: A BIG salad or BIG sandwich. Pile on all the veggies I can think of: lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onion, sprouts, cucumbers, etc. If I do a sandwich I'll add some chicken or turkey breast. For a salad I add seasoned almonds and some low-cal dressing. (300-400 calories)
Snack: Another fruit, powerbar, yogurt, or almonds (100-200 calories)
Dinner: I get a lot of my "healthy" dinners from the site http://my.apexfitness.com/. It's helpful because it already has the calorie count. I try to keep dinner to about 500 calories. 600 for the occasional bigger meal.
Snack: If I really need something else - I eat one of those yummy Jell-O 60 calorie pudding snacks.
Basically I eat about 1400-1500 calories a day. Sorry if I gave you all more information than you wanted! I've found that I really have to plan my meals ahead of time and I have to constantly remind myself not to snack on just "stuff" throughout the day. The calories really add up. Chewing gum really helps me when I feel the urge to eat something I shouldn't. Also, if I feel out of control (like I really, really need that huge bowl of ice cream or something) I may end up giving one of you an emergency phone call!
As if you wanted to know more... I also DO NOT buy junk food of any kind while I'm trying to lose weight. If I have it in the house, I'll probably eat it. Lucky for me, Kevin has much more self control than I do - so he helps me in that area. We also don't go out to eat (maybe once a month, if that). Probably have a talk with your hubbys and let them know your goals and how they can help with the journey!
I'm so excited! Let the losing begin! What are you guys doing for your workout today? I'm going to hopefully run 2 miles and do some weights and sit ups.... that is, if my girls will oblige.
No comments:
Post a Comment