Monday, May 10, 2010

So, I'm trying another type of diet....

OK, so I went on Diana's comment about the Alternate Day Diet. I looked into and bought the book. Read the book. It was interesting. A lot of science behind it, but don't know how much I believe it. I also read a bit of the reviews, many positive, many negative. The negative ones were concerned and about the binge or anorexia disorders and how this might start on that path or mimics it or whatever. The author refutes those claims because you're still getting calories on the down day and eat (not binge) on the up day. Anyway, to make my long post short, I think I am going to give it a try for 2 weeks. So I figured out all my down days and my up days and I figured them out with regards to my running. I have to have higher calories, at least the night before, in order to do some long runs. So, I have it all figured out. We'll see how it goes. I will keep you posted. It is 10:30 as I write this and it's a down day. My down days are 500-600 calories and my up days will be about 2000-2500 calories (that's about 1250-1550 calories per day if you look at it over the bigger picture). You know, as I'm typing this out, it sounds pretty drastic or pretty extreme. I'm already having doubts. However in the book, the author says to do the 500 calories/day for about 2 weeks and then up the calories on your down day. You know, if I just did 1000 calories on the down day and 2000 on the up day, that's 1500 calories per day and that is healthy and well. I guess I'll have to count calories on my up day too, then. Well, we'll try it out and see at his recommendations for a few days, that way I only count the calories on the down day and not to worry on the up day since there's a lot of calories there. Surely I don't eat more than 2500 calories/day. Do I? Anyway, I'm pretty weak and have no will power so this may not work at all. So far, for breakfast I've had 150 calories and I'm feeling hungry. It was just a bowl of cereal. Maybe........what are your thoughts on this? Anyone?
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment