Well, although I know how to lose weight, I've had a hard time doing it this Spring. I must admit that my heart hasn't really been in it. And...I'm pregnant! That's one big reason why my heart wasn't in it. I mean, who wants to lose 20 lbs just to get big and fat and hormonal the next month? Anyway, I am due in January, and I am just going to try and eat sensibly this time around. I am focusing more on the type of foods than anything else. I have given up peanut butter for the duration of my pregnancy. One reason is that I can't control myself around peanut butter, but another reason is that when I'm pregnant I tend to have a really bad reaction to peanuts. I'm also trying to eat more fruits and vegetables. If I only snack on those, I shouldn't have trouble with portions. And as far as body image goes? I am going to wear pants that fit even if I have to go to DI once a month, and I am not going to worry about it. I got so stressed during my last pregnancy that I got shingles, so I am trying to keep mellow and low-stress. I am still working out every day, as I want to remain physically strong. Wish me luck.
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh wow! Congratulations! That's great news.
ReplyDeleteYou know, isn't it funny how we stress ourselves out so much? I hope this time around you are able to enjoy the pregnancy and savor the good moments of pregnancy (even the getting 'big' part). Take it from someone who can't get pregnant.......
Anyway, good luck in the coming months. That's awesome. I'm excited for you.
Al
Congrats! I totally understand. I do best if I just kept exercising and eat wisely without getting obsessive. Enjoy the time and experience because some day it will be over and you'll miss it!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! That is way awesome Sarah! :)
ReplyDeleteTori