Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Down Day
OK, so it's a down day for me on this alternate day diet. It's lunch time and I'm having a chocolate protein shake that's 190 calories and that's supposed to be it until dinner time. Not a problem so far. I'm doing great today so far. The shake doesn't taste bad either. Here's the problem. I'm supposed to feed the missionaries tonight. Soooooo, do I fix my smoothie and sit with them while they eat meat and potatoes? I am going to try what Heather suggested. For the veggies for tonight's dinner, I am going to do pan-grilled veggies. I'm going to calculate about a 300 calorie meal comprised solely of veggies. Well, for me. The missionaries and my family will eat some meat and their veggies will probably have a few toppings or whatever. I'm just going to use spices, maybe some lemon juice. Soooooo, I will let you know how this goes. I'm going to try and do this the way that Heather suggested. For breakfast I had a banana and slice of toast. 225 calories. I also took a multi vitamin. The shake is fortified with a lot of stuff and if I do it right with the vegetable medley, even on a down day, my nutrition shouldn't be bad. I bet I can get all my required intake of calcium, vitamins, minerals, etc. The protein might be the one I slack on. I did discover, however, that if I cook an egg white (no yolk) it's 17 calories. I could add that to my toast slice and only add 17 calories but up my protein intake by 20%. So my down days can be pretty healthy and cover all my bases and do this in about 600-800 calories. Since my calories on my down days are a little higher than the 500 calories, I may have to watch it on the up days, but I don't think I normally eat more than 2500 calories anyway. So, I'll be keeping you posted! If you're interested......... Oh, Heather, I'm interested in Bountiful Baskets. Gotta call you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment