Allow me to demonstrate......
Well, I've been doing horribly. Absolutely horrible at this dieting thing. The running has been going well. I've had some setbacks though. They may sound like excuses -- well, they probably are, but it's my reality. A couple weeks ago I had my period. There's a lot of bloating and a lot of appetite. I mean ALOT! So I was up 3 pounds, but when the period left, so did everything else and I was back at my normal weight and appetite. All good. Then I kept at it with the running and the mileage is up to 4 miles and doing well. Also started adding some hills in preparation for WBR. It's a slow start, but a good start. Feeling good there. Then last week both of my kids got sick. That meant for a few sleepless nights and some zombie days. I confess, I didn't exercise and I didn't mind my eating habits. Then, just when things were getting back to normal, I got sick. I have a cold and cough and I haven't been running in about a week. I am hoping to go tomorrow. I'm hoping I feel well enough for that. So, I weighed myself and I'm the same. I haven't gained or lost anything. So, this is where I am at. A month into this and I haven't lost anything. I've gained in my running and training, but that's it. I will say that I have conquered the late night eating. I no longer eat after dinner. So from about 6:30 p.m. until 8 a.m. I don't eat. It's not as much of a temptation for me. I confess, I did have popcorn one night last week when we watched a movie, but that's it. Not a big deal. I'm not worried about that. I'm really pleased that I conquered that. Eating at night was something I hated doing and I went to bed feeling bloated and full and whatnot. So, I've conquered that. Now, I need to find another thing that is my vice and conquer that. Maybe it's just conquering one thing at a time, not trying to lose weight. A couple years ago, I conquered soda. I no longer drink soda except maybe once a month or every two months. Just something if we go out to eat or whatever, but I used to drink something every day. Now that's gone, eating at night is gone. Good good good. What should I conquer next? Chocolate? Bread? Snacking? Breakfast? Healthier breakfasts? Portions? Any suggestions? Just one thing. One thing only. They say that to make something a habit you have to do it 21 times. That's about a month of doing something. So, the not eating at night....makes sense that it took about a month to conquer that.
Well, now I've gone on and on. I'm so long winded it isn't funny. However, that's what this blog is for, so everyone......speak up! How are you doing?
I'm off to Hawaii next week. They say that vacations and illness are the two of three things that sabotage a diet. I can't remember what the third thing is. Someone know. Let's see if I can do this in Hawaii. The running, I'm not going to worry about there. That's one of the reasons why I burned out of running and quit running. Every time I went somewhere I stressed about getting my run in and didn't enjoy the vacation as much. When I decided to start running again, I made that a rule.....I don't have to run on vacation even if I'm training for something. I'll just adapt when I get home. I'm not too worried though. We have lots of active activities planned. We're not a lay on the beach and eat chips kind of people. We'll snorkel and bike and walk on the beach and body board. I want to learn to paddle board too. We'll probably kayak too. So, that's good. It will just be a time to maybe practice not eating junk food on a vacation and maybe practicing ordering good things on a menu or practicing portion control or whatever. We'll see. I'll return and report!
Upward and onward biggest loser!
No comments:
Post a Comment