Friday, February 26, 2010

100 miles for me...and a contest for you!

I thrive on competition. This I know. I am failing in weight loss this year, and I am not doing anything competitive. Sometimes I get a little crazy about competition, and it is the crazy that I am trying to keep out of my life right now. If only I could keep out the crazy and the fat at the same time...Anyway, so I need a new pair of running shoes, and I tell my husband this. He says he doesn't have money for it this month, but maybe next month. I tell him that's not a good answer and he should buy me a new pair of shoes regardless of cost once I run 100 miles. Now setting aside for a moment the idea that I shouldn't be running 1oo miles in on-their-way-out shoes, I think I may have something here. 3 miles a day, 5 days per week...that's about 7 weeks. But if I kick it off with 10 miles this Saturday...who thinks I could do it in a month? Maybe 5 weeks? I will be in Boise for a few days in March.
So here's the contest: reply to this comment and guess how long it will take me to run 100 miles. That's treadmill, indoor track, outdoor anywhere, but running only. I usually just work out 5 days per week, but this competition may just bring out the wonder woman in me. Whoever guesses the closest to my actual completion date (guess a date, please) will win a polar bottle, color of your choice. This is the totally cool water bottle that I just love. Keeps stuff cold forever, comfortable to hold, fits on a bike. I won't check the replies to this post until I have completed the 100 miles. So if you want to post some encouragement, do a separate post. And I hope I lose some weight here, because I don't want to haul this big butt 100 miles!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Sarah - my guess is that you'll reach 100 miles on March 27th... though I wouldn't be surprised at all if you reach it before then! Good luck and way to inspire me to up my miles!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing the 30, just because it's my daughter's birthday. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I am going to put in a date, but I'm going to say more like April 5th. I'm not saying it to pessimistic nor do I doubt you or anything like. Because I don't know you well, I'm making this date based purely on my experience that I've had trying to accomplish my goals these past couple weeks. With getting sick, going out of town and my kids getting sick, it halted and slowed things for me. I think life happens so that's why I say April 5th. I think you're going to need an extra week. You go girl! Do it! I'm jealous. Maybe I'll have to join the competition -- see if I can't beat you to 100 miles. Mmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops, that last one was from Al

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to guess that you will reach your goal on April 1st.
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to be optimistic and say March 31st!! Way to go Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete