Group Exercise:
Because of the weather, we're changing things a bit. What I had planned for tomorrow I am pushing to Wednesday. So, tomorrow we're going to meet at our church (College Ward church). Thanks to Patty for getting us a key. We're going to do a boot camp. We will open up the nursery so bring the kids. Bring a water bottle and bring a an old towel that you will use if you kneel. Wear your running shoes and prepare to sweat.
Challenge:
Tomorrow's challenge will be done at the church at the end of boot camp. So, it will be announced then. Also, for today's challenge, Diana is our winner! She did the most lunges in 20 minutes. I am the loser and will be providing babysitting for Diana. Or a meal. Whichever she prefers. Congrats Diana.
Temptation:
Tomorrow's temptation has to do with the white carbs. Tomorrow for dinner, fix your family mashed potatoes or something along those lines that everyone loves, but you can't eat during this week. Put a little on your plate, but don't eat it. We're going to practice saying no and if it's on your plate, not eating it, or pushing it around to look like you've eaten some, but are so full you can't eat anymore. Remember to keep the cookies or the goodies out and available too. Just don't eat them. Please note: These temptations that I suggest are things that are weakness for me and I know some might not be an issue for you. Try to find your issues that are along the lines of the temptation outlined and test yourself. Challenge yourself. Force your self-control to the surface until it's just another facet of your personality.
Other exercises:
OK, you need to do your stretching during the day or at night before going to bed as the rules state, plus you also need to do your push-ups on the 3rd step today. As many as you can do. Heather and Lisa, I know you guys don't have stairs in your house, so on a chair. Now, the other thing I want you to do is clean. Clean your house like crazy. Housework is a great calorie burner. Clean your house. It's spring. Wash your curtains, your windows, tackle a closet or storage or the garage. Take a couple hours in the afternoon and clean. Hopefully this will also help keep your hands busy during the afternoon slump. If you want to do some yardwork in place of the cleaning, by all means, but slave away. Do it the hard way too. Get dirty and sweat.
Well, today was fun. Hard. Lunges hurt. The bike ride I took was challenging, but I'm really struggling with my temptation. That was my hardest for me. I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. It's only the first day and it's only for a week. We're going to find the things that are hardest and the things that are easy and try and incorporate some things into our lives to make losing weight work for us.
What time are we meeting at the church? OK I had to see the challenge before bed, I couldn't resist!
ReplyDeleteOh shoot, didn't put the time. The time is at 9am. We'll have to get a couple things set up and give instructions, but we should be done around 10am or so.
ReplyDeleteAl
Tuesday challenge results for Al:
ReplyDelete1:19 on the wall press
Hey all! I got 8:23 on the wall press.
ReplyDeleteTori
Holy cow, I think I'm probably the looser for the wall press. 22 seconds......I've got a long way to go. Tori, HOLY COW!!!! You are amazing and I've never even met you :)
ReplyDeleteWHAT???? WHAT???? WHAT???? YOU GOT WHAT??? 8:23 ON THE WALL??? HOW THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT??? OK, we gotta test Tori for steroids. Sorry Jessica, but you're out. Tori's our winner. Jenny, you owe Tori. Dinner, new legs, a wheelchair, something. Oh my gosh! 8:23 on a wall press? I was ready to puke at 1 minute. Tori, you need to come to our group exercise. I want to see this.
ReplyDeleteAl
Sorry so late...wall sit times:
ReplyDeleteJenny 22"
Dianna 24"
Patty 37"
Sarah 1' 01"
Heather 1' 13"
Allison 1' 19"
Jessie 1' 26"
Pushup on the 3rd step I got 23
ReplyDelete