Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Running and such.....

Hi all, this is Al. Just want to respond to the past couple posts.

Heather, I would love to come running with you but I can't make it at those times because Darren's usually not home during the week and I can't really get a babysitter at that time. Darren is actually home tomorrow but I'm doing my long run (12 miles?) with a down hill training run in it. I have to get this particular run in and Darren has to do an uphill run so we've made plans to work out. However, if in the future, Darren is home or I can somehow get away at that time, I'm there. I'm there. I'll call you and check with you. That would be awesome. Also, if I ever plan a trail run (I'm wanting to do Crimson Trail) on a Saturday, would you be interested? The next couple weeks I have the Bear Lake Half Marathon and the Wasatch Back, so I'm pretty committed to those things right now, but after that.....for the summer.......what do you say? I could probably spend the night at my mom's one night (babysitting) and then we could do a trail run at 5:00 a.m. one Tues. or Thurs. morning......???

So, Robyn, I want to address your comment. What do think about joining Heather twice a week at the a.m. for running? Would that work with your schedule? (Not the sleep.....it will definitely disturb the sleep, but with your husband and kids and their sleeping?) It would definitely be a way to get out and do it. And be done for the day. Plus, studies show that when you exercise well and hard early in the morning, you do a better job at sticking to your diet or goals during the day because you've already succeeded that day, you've already had some success and now you feel confident.

Also, do we want to do another fat camp? Is anyone thinking that might be something we need? Now that it's nice, a couple of the group exercises will be hiking (trail running). What do you think? We could mix it up a bit more. I'd be willing to organize another fat camp but I could only do it the week after the Wasatch Back. So, the 21st of June (Monday) until that Saturday. What do you say? What does everyone think?

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment